Event Countdown

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Luray Caverns in Luray, Virginia

My husband and I were born and raised in Virginia and neither he nor I had ever been to Luray Caverns.  In 2009, after recovering from a knee surgery and still on leave from work my husband and I decided to visit. The journey to get to the caverns was very beautiful and pastoral. We enjoyed winding through the Shenandoah Mountains and feeling our ears pop as we claimed to higher altitude.  The admission was $23 pp and we thought that was on the pricey side.  We took the self-guided tour without stopping to listen to the prerecorded narration of each landmark throughout the caverns.

On the site of Luray Caverns there are several shops that we visited one of which being the typical junky tourist trinket shop.  The other is the Luray Fudge Company.  My husband is a fudge connoisseur and could not leave to come home until he had gotten a slice or two.  As for how the fudge ranked he was not really impressed as the fudge was not fresh and had started to dry out.  


Over all I am glad that we went as I was getting cabin fever and needed to get out of the house.  It was a great day trip and I would recommend it.  
 







No comments:

Post a Comment