Event Countdown

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina

I have always wanted to visit the Biltmore Estate in beautiful foothills of Asheville, North Carolina, but the thoughts of making the five hour drive kept me from doing so.  My husband and I set out early on a predawn morning in June headed to Asheville. Preliminary research for rooms close to the estate where very expensive. We booked a hotel about 15 miles away from the actual estate to save money and eliminate tourist traffic.  This actually saved us around $75. We arrived in Asheville mid afternoon and checked into out hotel.  We woke up early the next morning and decided to make the short drive over to the Biltmore Estate to tour the grounds and the estate.  Our tour was the first one of the morning and everything and everyone was fresh.  During the Summer months I would advise that one take the early morning tours as the Biltmore Estate does not have air conditioning and it can get quite hot and humid.  After walking through this amazing architectural wonder we leisurely strolled through the gardens on a self-guided tour.  The gardens were in full bloom and too me where more spectacular that the mansion.  If I could I would love to go back around the Christmas holiday which I have heard is guaranteed to put anyone in the holiday spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Biltmore Estate Coupon
    It’s possible to even utilize little stones. It functions as considerably more than merely a garden, however. Sadly, the bird couldn’t yet fly. So the next time you consider the sky, you’ll surely be in a better place to earn sense of what you see. It doesn’t matter whether the sky is blue. Nope, it is a storm cloud–a large, black, rumbling storm cloud

    ReplyDelete